Monday 29 September 2014

Funnies. Lost in translation (Part 2 of three)

So here it is. Amusing (to me anyway) images that I've recorded over the years. Some were taken with a "real" camera and some with the telephone built in to my mobile phone. To read part one, please check out this link.

This selection, as promised in the last article is entitled  "Lost in translation". I call it that because when I come across these situations, I first read them as an English speaking person and then "switch"  my brain over to the language in which they are meant to be understood.

So what I'm trying to say is that readers of this article who's mother language is English will probably get more of a laugh out of this than the others. I'd love to hear your comments.

So without further ado.



 When parking near Bellinzona, you'll find it easy to remember 
the name of the car park!


It simply means "Swiss shower" but nevertheless
would raise a giggle or two if seen travelling on a 
UK motorway.

Three from the television.




Three from the supermarket

 
Looters? Seriously?

I'm wondering if this tea produces explosive 
diarrhoea.

 
 Is this tea for salty sea dogs or pirates?

This is the strangest one. Is the product 
actually free from French dressing? Is 
it something that people with an allergic 
reaction to French dressing can safely 
eat? 



That's it for now. The final part of this silly little collection will appear next Monday the 13th October 2014. You have been warned! Then it's back to normal photography related posts including my views on my new Canon 100 - 400 L zoom which I'll be testing in Sardinia.


No comments:

Post a Comment