Friday 2 December 2011

Extasia 2011. Switzerland gets naughty.

I’ve already mentioned and written about the annual Streetparade but there is one other event which also attracts visitors from afar and that’s the Extasia.
Extasia is Switzerland’s answer to the Venus erotic fair in Germany although on a smaller scale.
The event used to be held in Zürich but moved a few years ago to Basel next to the football stadium near where I work.
The event is always covered in the press in the week’s preceding. This year’s coverage centred on the fact that a religious group would be holding a prayer vigil outside the hall. This no doubt generated free publicity.
I turned up shortly after opening time and bagged myself a position beside the main stage. Looking around me I saw lots of expensive DSLR’s and of course the ubiquitous camera-phones everywhere. 


      
Hands up if you own a camera-phone 

I had the EOS 5d MKII with a 17 – 40 zoom for anything that might happen right next to me and an EOS 7d with a 28 – 135 zoom to handle the performances that happened a bit further away. Both cameras had flashes fitted.



One 8Gb card gone already 

Here are some of my photographic impressions from the night. Of course there was lots of nudity but I’m only putting the tamer stuff here.
 
IMG_4098
IMG_3475
IMG_3473 IMG_4031
IMG_4089 IMG_4228

IMG_4396 IMG_4205
IMG_4143 IMG_3344

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment